If you’ve always wanted straight teeth but have been delaying orthodontic treatment due to the hassles, discomfort, and unsightliness of traditional metal braces, then you might want to consider Invisalign® clear braces as an alternative. Invisalign allows you to gradually straighten your teeth using a series of removable clear plastic aligners that are virtually invisible to others.
- Crowded teeth
- Unevenly spaced teeth
Invisalign is only recommended for adults and teenagers whose mouths have finished developing. If you have severe bite abnormalities which require the use of headgear, you may not be a suitable candidate for Invisalign.
- Removable – You can take out your aligners when eating and brushing your teeth, improving your oral hygiene and enabling you to eat all your favorite foods.
- Comfortable – The smooth, form-fitting Invisalign aligners will not irritate your mouth like the sharp metal brackets and wires used with braces. Invisalign also eliminates the painful tightening sessions associated with braces.
- Invisible – Your clear plastic aligners will not be noticed by others.
- Customized treatment – Your aligners will be custom-made to address your unique orthodontic issues.
- Fewer dentist visits – Since there are no brackets and wires to be tightened, you will have fewer visits to our Hoboken cosmetic dentistry office during your treatment.
You will wear each aligner in the series for approximately two weeks. During that time, the aligner will gradually shift your teeth to their desired position. You will continue moving through each aligner in the series every two weeks until your treatment is complete and you have straight, beautiful teeth.
For maximum effectiveness, you will need to wear your Invisalign aligners approximately 20-22 hours a day. You can remove them for eating and brushing your teeth, but you should keep them in your mouth for the rest of the day, including while you are sleeping.
Please contact Aesthetic Dentistry of Fairfax using the form at the right side of the page or call (703) 218-8142 today to schedule your initial cosmetic dentistry consultation. Dr. Aboulkhair serves patients throughout Northern Virginia.