Teeth that get damaged, decayed, chipped, or fractured become weaker and are more susceptible to infection from bacteria. Dental crowns are an effective option to restore the strength of your tooth and prevent any additional damage from occurring.
Your dental crown will be made of the finest quality porcelain to ensure a beautiful, natural looking result that blends in seamlessly with your smile. Your dental crown will encase the visible portion of your tooth, enabling Dr. Aboulkhair to improve the appearance of your tooth while providing the protection you need.
Am I a Candidate for a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are versatile restorations that can be used to address the following situations:
- Protect a weak tooth from breakage or decay
- To cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling that has very little natural tooth structure remaining
- To restore a broken or severely worn down tooth
- To support a dental bridge
- To serve as a prosthetic tooth for a dental implant
- To improve the appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns provide several important benefits, including:
- Improved appearance – Your dental crown restoration will provide many cosmetic benefits and look just like a natural tooth. For this reason, it is often recommended as part of a smile makeover.
- Improved chewing ability – Your dental crown can restore your ability to chew most foods, enabling you to eat what you want without worry.
- Improved support – Your dental crown can provide support and protection to a chipped or fractured tooth.
- Improved bite – Dental crowns can fix alignment issues caused by missing or misshapen teeth to restore a balanced bite.
Your Dental Crown Procedure
Northern Virginia cosmetic dentist Dr. Aboulkhair uses all-porcelain crowns with all of his patients. Dr. Aboulkhair can match the shade of your dental crown with the color of your natural tooth and since dental porcelain mimics the translucent properties of tooth enamel, your restoration will have a beautiful, natural looking appearance. All of our dental crowns are custom crafted at Williams Dental Lab. Dr. Aboulkhair works exclusively with Williams Lab because they consistently produce exceptional quality restorations.
Your dental crown procedure can be completed in two visits to our Fairfax cosmetic dentistry office. At your first appointment, Dr. Aboulkhair will remove any decay and prepare your tooth to accommodate the dental crown. An impression of your tooth is taken and sent to Williams Lab for use in creating your crown. Dr. Aboulkhair will place a temporary crown on your tooth to protect it while your permanent restoration is being constructed.
Once your dental crown has been made, you will return to our office to complete the procedure. Dr. Aboulkhair will bond the crown securely to your tooth and make sure your bite is properly balanced.
Please contact Aesthetic Dentistry of Fairfax using the form at the right side of the page or call (703) 218-8142 today to schedule your initial consultation. Dr. Aboulkhair serves patients throughout Northern Virginia.